March 11, 2010

the good, the bad and the ugly


This is my inaugural blog post. I am new to this, so be kind. I wasn't sure if I had something to say, but it turns out that I do. Mommy-hood, as it turns out, is fairly inspirational. So, before I run to get groceries here's what's on my mind...

Being a mommy isn't always pretty. In fact, sometimes it's down right ugly. I always thought growing up if I ever have children, they will be super cool, because I will be the super cool mom. That mom, you know the one, that's just cool with anything. The fun mom.

Now, I'm all grown up. I have a child. He's almost 2 years old. FUN!! Almost everyday there is something new. He is smart and funny and cute. He is learning to talk and draw and play. Everyday is a milestone. However, with the good comes the bad and the ugly. Today was one of those days. The days where I have to drag him, kicking and screaming away from something he loves because of his behavior.

Hello terrible two's, you are not my friend. I am, however, learning to adapt. It's a slow uphill battle. All I can say is thank god for friends with kids that have just gone through this stage. I would be pulling out my hair without their help.

I love my son. I am longing for the day that he can rationalize his feelings. He knows that there are choices now and that his isn't always the same as mine.

"....and the beat goes on... the beat goes on. la dee da dee da la dee da dee dee...."

1 comment: